OUR SCHOOL CAMPUS
Our school is situated in the rapidly developing community of Fairview. In the late 1950’s our building housed a school which was known as Willowdene Secondary School. Then, during the Apartheid years the school building was given to the police force, and they used it for their Dog Unit. It also served as a storage facility for drugs, ammunition and stolen cars that had been confiscated. In 1997 the Department of Education granted Willow Academy exclusive use of this facility. We have been maintaining and renovating the building ever since and are currently looking at further developing our facilities to cater for an anticipated influx of learners.
We’re in the process of developing our sports fields and aim to add up to six classrooms in 2017. Having recently renovated our computer labs to maintain our standard of excellence we will also have a fully equipped and functioning kitchen at our school by the fourth term of 2017. As a result, we will be able to provide our learners with healthy and nutritious meals.